Thursday, June 21, 2007

Those eyes...

My great-Grandfather, AKA Gramps, used to say i had "Betty Davis Eyes". I never knew what he meant. The first time i saw a picture of Betty Davis was on one of those "Save the Children" infomercial things. I was APPALLED!!!!!!! EWWWW Look at those eyes! They are all gross and runny. Yuck! What was Gramps thinking? So i asked Fadder. He said "NO Canary! When Betty Davis was young and beautiful, not when she was on death's door!" Oh, OK! Thank goodness!




So, as i was crawling through my basement closet, the klutz that i am, tripped over a box, knocked it over and as i looked down, my grandmother Lorraine was staring at me. This picture was taken when she was about 6 months old in 1933. Look at those eyes! This picture kind of looks like Robert in a dress huh? HA HA HA


My Grandmother, Lorraine Joy Middleton-Mazzone. My fadder's mom. She was only 28 years old when she died. Everyone always tell us how much Robert and I resemble here. I just never saw it. But then again, i didn't know i had that picture. I have pictures of her when she was older. I can kind of see the resemblance but, not as much as this one.

My Grandfather Robert, My fadder's dad, i can see the resemblance there. It is scary to see some of the old black and whites of him and then compare them to the black and whites of Robert. I will have to find a picture to upload. My 2nd cousin Jan says the resemblance is scary. She sees my grandfather in Robert.



Since i had Hannah, i have always said how strongly she resembles Robert. It's the eyes i tell ya!! No, after seeing my grandmother's picture. I can see where all of us get it.


We all have those "Middleton Eyes". Some people are scared of our eyes. Dad and Robert could "give the eyes" to my friends and they would freak out! I remember they used to "scare" Ang but now, she is used to our eyes. Nothing scary about them. Well, unless dad is mad at his perfect daughter (not like that would EVER happen) and he gives "the eyes". I have the power of the eyes too over Danielle. I just give em to her and her lip will shake and she knows she is in trouble now!!!


So now i just need to find Fadder's baby picture! (Ang, if his sumo-pic is on your puter, send it this way please!) Even Charlie has the eyes!



Well, i am off to check on my 103 degree fever child! I shall return...

No comments: