Thursday, May 3, 2007

Been awhile...

but i have been a bit busy! Hannah came home from the hospital on March 23rd. We surprised Danielle. Danny and I didn't let her know that Hannah was going to be coming home. So when Danny picked her up from school she asked if she could go to the hospital to visit baby. He told her to go into Mommy's room to get something and then they would go see Hannah. So, she walked into my bedroom and there i was sitting on the bed holding her baby sister. Her jaw dropped and she just about cried. She couldn't have been happier (or more surprised). Her baby was finally home!! Things have finally settled down a bit here. The phone isn't ringing off the hook and i no longer have visitor after visitor day after day!! I am not saying that i don't want people visiting but, it was tiring!! Even though people don't expect it, i have to entertain. So when people come over i have to cook!!! But, when Fadder came to visit, he brought me Briciole! mmmmmm yummy! And the following week Geraldine came over and brought me a beef from Nana's!!!
My neighbors have all been dropping off dinners and sweets and gifts. They are all so nice. But i have to say that of them all, Kay has been a lifesaver for me!! Not only does she "steal" Hannah from me, she lets me sleep on her couch!! She even gave kids and hubby strict instructions to "STAY OUT OF THE FRONT ROOM! CARRIE IS SLEEPING!" And look! She even feeds her sushi!!!




So, we have all been getting used to having a new little munchkin in the house. She is a great baby! She is usually not fussy, eats good and now smiles!! This week though, i have had a fussy, not sleeping, HOLD ME NOW baby! I have taken her to Kay's a few time and said "HERE! She is all yours!!" and i would go sit on the computer, raid her fridge or drink her coffee. But, Kay doesn't mind. And, it is good for Hannah. (even though i sometimes find THIS when i return to my baby!)


She now has a Tante Kay to teach her German. I find myself saying things at home in German and DB looks at me like "WTF Are you saying!? My Italian wife is speaking German!"

Well, speaking of fussy babies, i have one calling my name right now!! Better update later!!



Toodles!






1 comment:

Angie said...

That is one cute baby. I'll give you 25 dollars for her. Even better, the cost for turkey on Saturday will be one tiny adorable baby.