Saturday, September 22, 2007

Quick post...

I am finally home! I went in for surgery early Thursday morning. The doctors said that everything went well. They got all of the tumor removed and were able to keep my spleen. The tumor will go to the pathologist on Tuesday and i will find out the results in a week or so. From what he could tell, the Dr. said it looks 99.9% benign!
I came home from the hospital Friday night. I was scheduled to be discharged at noon. They did my routine/post-op blood work and my hemoglobin dropped 2 points in an hour. They took me in to Cat Scan to check for internal bleeding. They said the CT came back normal so i was able to come home.

Mom drove me home (OY the bumps!)and i was greeted by my court. I swear i was run over by a bus at some point. Even though this was one of my "minor" surgeries it felt like it was "major". I have never been in so much pain. One of my incisions is on my back and that one hurts like hell!

My nursemaid (Danielle) has been great. She wouldn't go to sleep until i was asleep. She even said "Mommy, you are not allowed to go outside alone. If you need a smoke just wake me up and i will take you there!" She has been by my side since i walked in. Fluffing pillows, changing blankets, fixing my hair and making me drink water (blech!). So, i gave her some time off :) and she is playing at Katie's. Tommy just fed Hannah and layed her down for a nap and Danny is cooking. So, that's my cue to go take a nap! Wouldn't want the nurse coming home and yelling at me!

1 comment:

Angie said...

I love that pic of Yellie! She is sooo cute and a very official looking nurse, if you ask me. Feel better soon!